From 29 March 2019, tier 1 entrepreneur applications have been officially replaced by innovator visas.
Migrants currently wishing to enter the UK on a business route, sometimes feel uncomfortable with this new route due to the endorsement process. Although the innovator route could appear at first easier than tier 1 entrepreneur (investment funds being £50K instead of £200K), the endorsement process prescribed by the new route could be a stumbling block for those migrants who do not have a clear business idea yet or do not believe their own business could pass the “innovative, scalable and viable” test.
For those who have business experience and are employed overseas, the Sole Representative visa could be a valid alternative to the innovator route.
The main requirements for Sole Representative visa are:
- be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
- have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
- hold a senior position within the company for at least 1 year (but not be a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
- intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK, for example a registered branch or a wholly owned subsidiary
- English test (A1) level
- Sufficient funds to maintain yourself and any dependent in the UK
Comprehensive documentation from the company will need to be provided in order to show the intention to establish a new branch or a subsidiary in the UK as well as confirming that the applicant is the most suitable candidate to solely represent the company overseas and make the decision on its behalf.
Sole Representative visa is not a straight forward application, however, depending on the applicant’s specific circumstances, it could be a valid alternative to innovator visa and a way to skip the endorsement test.
If you think you could be eligible for sole representative visa, do not hesitate to call us on 0203 693 7591, one of our experts will assist you and guide you through the entire process.