For high net worth individuals wishing to invest considerable sums of money into the UK economy, the Investor visa is an attractive prospect. Before needing to acquire permanent residency, this visa allows you to stay in the UK for a total of 5 years, if the requirements are met.
As of 29 March 2019, the Home Office have changed the requirements so that applicants will need to invest £2 million in an account in their name, in the UK, by way of share capital or loan capital in active and trading UK registered companies.
What you must do
The £2 million investment referred to above must be made:
- within 3 months of your entry to the UK, if you were granted entry clearance as a Tier 1 Investor or;
- within 3 months of the date of the grant of entry clearance or leave to remain as a Tier 1 Investor Migrant or;
- You can also make investments of the above, prior to the first grant of leave as a Tier 1 Investor, so long as these investments were made no earlier than 12 months before the date of the application and you can provide evidence of holdings.
You must invest at least £2m for the period of leave granted. You will be granted 3 years leave to remain if making an application from within the UK, and 3 years 4 months if outside the UK, the 4 months extra allows you time to enter the UK at your own convenience. You cannot have more than 180 days absence from the UK in a consecutive 12-month period.
At Quantum Law Associates, we have devised a bespoke service to our high net worth clients, offering not only visa application assistance, but a full immigration compliance action plan going forward.
Immigration Compliance Plan
- Annual/bi annual meetings with the Partners in our City offices
- Introduction to tax and business advisory partners
- Meeting with financial advisors and banking professionals
- Regular reviews of investment portfolios
Our lawyers make it their job to ensure you do not fall foul of the immigration rules and that throughout the 3 years, you remain up to speed on any immigration developments affecting your status.
Why Choose Quantum Law Associates?
Our lawyers have assisted a multitude of entrepreneurs and investors in successful immigration applications both inside and outside the UK. We will ensure a full and detailed background of your personal circumstances are taken and will assist in the entire application process, from beginning to end. We know that the Tier 1 application is about more than just immigration law for our client, this is why we have formulated a specialist referral system with trusted partners to offer guidance in matters outside of the law.