The UK has always attracted international students because of its world renowned educational institutions. This has led to tougher requirements for sponsors and students wishing to study here.

Our lawyers have expertise in all types of student visas and will assist you from the stage you receive a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) letter, to making the application.

There are two types of student visas and which one to apply for is dependant on your age. If you are 16 years or over and have been offered a place on a course you can apply for a Tier 4 (General) visa to study in the UK. However, if you are aged between 4 and 17 years old and been offered a place on a course you should apply for a Tier 4 (Child) visa.

The Home Office requires you to have an approved offer from an educational institution, as well as evidence of being able to support yourself financially in the UK.

The importance of your education should not be underestimated; at Quantum Law Associates, we understand the timeframes and deadlines associated with the Tier 4 visa and will advise you on pre planning your educational journey to the best of our ability.

Continuation of Studies – Tier 4 Visa

Should you wish to continue studying in the UK, you will require a new Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) and there has to be an academic progression in order to be eligible. I.E. From a Bachelor to Master. If you are following a course which will lead to the award of a PHD, you can apply for the Doctorate Extension Scheme, which allows you to stay in the UK 12 months after your course has ended.

Call us now on 02036937592 to see how we can help find the right solution for you.